The 'Chun Li' hitmaker once spent time in a toxic relationship and took to Twitter to share her experience as she offers tips to others going through similar struggles.
In a series of tweets Nicki said that she remembers being so afraid to speak out because she never knew when her ex would be in a particular mood and she could maybe say one thing wrong that could get her hit.
Nicki then encouraged her fans not to judge anyone going through a tough relationship but instead help them learn to love themselves. See Nicki's tweets here:
Dear all of you beautiful souls.— Mrs. Petty (@NICKIMINAJ) September 1, 2019
A man who loves you does not:
1. Humiliate you on social media
2. Beat you
3. Cheat on you
4. Call you out of your name/put you down to lower your self esteem due to his own insecurities.
5. Hide his phone, passwords, where abouts, etc.
When u see a woman in a toxic relationship, rather than laugh & say mean things, try to offer sound advice from your heart & root for her to learn her worth. We’ve all been there. I saw my parents fight & argue non stop & never divorce, so I thought this was normal behavior...— Mrs. Petty (@NICKIMINAJ) September 1, 2019
I rlly used to think love had to hurt. So I could never look down on anyone else. We are merely human. It’s not easy to leave. Especially in the world of IG where all ppl want to do is post relationship goal pics for clout & attention. A man should make you feel safe, not afraid— Mrs. Petty (@NICKIMINAJ) September 1, 2019
If you or someone you know needs help, you can contact one of the organisations below:
- Gender-based violence Command Centre: “Please call me” facility: *120*7867#
- Emergency line: 0800 428 428
- POWA helpline: 0116424345Tears
- Foundation helpline: *134*7355# Or visit them by find the nearest offices here: tears.storefind.mobi
Sign up to W24’s newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our stories and giveaways.