As we approach the holiday season, our shopping habits will surely look different from what it did in previous years. If you will be shopping in person these holidays, there are a few safety signs you should look out for.
Here are the safety protocols to look for according to Dr John O'Horo, an infectious disease physician from the Mayo Clinic:
1. Visible signage that mandates customers wear a mask and practise social distancing.
2. A mandatory requirement for customers to properly wear their mask over their mouths and noses.
3. Free masks available at the front of the store for customers who came to the store without one.
4. Enforcement of an established maximum number of customers in the store at a time.
5. Hand sanitizer stations conveniently placed at store entrances.
6. Obvious attention to detail when it comes to cleaning high-touch surfaces, such as card readers, carts and bathrooms.
7. If their dressing rooms are open, a system that allows for clothes to be cleaned in-between customers.
8. Touch-free payment options and the ability for customers to swipe their own cards.
Compiled by Phelokazi Mbude
Sign up to W24's newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our stories and giveaways.