Denim is hotter than ever before and we are not just talking about jeans. Think denim jackets, skirts, shirts and dresses. And denim is no longer reserved for casual wear as it can be styled to impress at any event.
Denim is also the perfect fabric for us now as we start to head into autumn.
Here are 5 easy ways to style your denim:
1. Denim jacket over a boho style dress. Pair your favourite summer printed dress with a denim jacket. It’s all about juxtaposing soft and hard; and casual and dressy pieces.
This is also a great way to get more wear out of your summer dresses before the weather changes completely.
2. Mid to high-rise '70s wide leg or flared denim with a basic tee. To make this look pop, add a statement necklace, earrings or a nice pair of flatform espadrilles. If you think this style makes you look short, be sure to add a heeled boot for an elongated look.
3. Denim overalls. Wear with a long-sleeve or cropped Breton shirt and a pair of espadrilles or sneakers.
4. Denim on denim. The days of wearing one denim piece at a time or one colour denim at a time are gone. Pair your denim boyfriend jeans with a tucked in light denim shirt and wear it with your favourite sneakers.
5. Denim shirt-dress. A shirt-dress is an easy item to wear on it’s own or with a leather jacket as the weather changes. If you are inclined to dress it up, select a dark wash dress in a fitted style. Pair it with tan accessories to add some interest.