- Omphile and Denga Takalani let us in on their dream wedding.
- When choosing her bridal gown, Omphile wanted to play with oversized, puffy sleeves and show off her neckline.
- Denga, an artist, performed a song he wrote for his wife called 'It's You'.
A few months ago, Omphile and Denga Takalani had an intimate and minimalistic traditional wedding while simultaneously planning their dream white wedding.
The Tswana bride and her Venda husband celebrated this special union with family.
On 6 August 2022, they walked down the aisle and proclaimed their love for each other when they had their white wedding.
They let us in on their special day's planning, joys, highlights, and wedding planning advice.
Denga and Omphile Takalani recently had their dream wedding. Image by aiphotography
"With our white dress wedding, we wanted to take our vows and declare our love in front of God, family and friends," Omphile says.
The couple tells us that the day was nothing short of perfect.
The Takalanis fell in love with the Green Leaves Country Lodge wedding venue in North West. The chapel is often top of the list when looking for a venue; its view overlooking mountains and scenic views made it all perfect.
Mr and Mrs Takalani. Image by aiphotography
Take us through the stresses and the joys of planning such an important day.
Finding a venue was the main worry, as that would determine guest numbers, decorations and the look and feel of the ceremony and reception. Once that was done, we found joy in planning other details, such as; finding colours and designs for our bridesmaids and groomsmen.
We were finding the perfect suit for the groom, planning the buffet for the day, going through fun playlists for our first dance and dancefloor moment, and taking drives to the venue for sightseeing.
The bridal gown
I knew I wanted to play with big, puffy sleeves. I also wanted to show off my neckline draped in pure white silk. Instead of going with a mermaid fit, I knew an A-line would finish off the look. So I looked up Pinterest for some ideas, gave my designer some references, and we came up with my wedding dress. I absolutely loved it at first sight! I wanted to feel like royalty on the day, and I did.
The bride Omphile Takalani. Image by aiphotography
What was the emotional and memorable moment on this day?
It was definitely when we took our vows. The moment was so special, besides our loved ones bearing witness to it too. We will always be reminded of the commitment we made to each other in years to come.
The other emotional part was having our parents do the speeches and wishing us well in our union while making us laugh with childhood memories.
Denga and Omphile Takalani got to share their special day with close family and friends. Image by aiphotography
- Denga, who is an artist, performed a song he wrote for his wife and released earlier this year, called 'It's You'.
- Guests were singing along in the chapel. It sounded like angelic voices during our worship moment.
- Their first dance was to the song Hero by Enrique Iglesias, and it had the guests singing at the top of their lungs towards the end of the dance.
- Dancing the night away with their guests, enjoying the fireplace, and having cake.
Denga Takalani sang a song he wrote for his wife titled It's You. Image by aiphotography
Three tips for brides-to-be?
- Be intentional about enjoying the planning process as time flies.
- Your bridesmaids are always there to give a helping hand, so approach them if you feel overwhelmed!
- You and your husband have the final say on what you'd like for the day. It is about you two having a fun and memorable day after all.
Omphile Takalani. Image by aiphotography
What do you both love about being married to each other?
We motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves, even if one may not like the process of becoming the best version, haha! Having a strong friendship, we also become our biggest cheerleaders when doing life together and chasing our dreams and passions, individually and as a couple.