According to Albert Matheny, co-founder of SoHo Strength Lab, food acts as fuel for your body.
This also means that when you're eating the wrong foods it's even harder to reach your fitness goals.
Here are seven diet habits that will help you get the most out of your workouts every time:
1. Plan out your meals and snacks
2. Make sure you’re eating enough food
3. Remember to eat anti-inflammatory foods
4. Eat easily digestible foods before your workout
5. Refuel with protein and carbs after a workout
6. Eat properly so you can sleep well and recover faster
7. Stay hydrated before, during and after your workout
Sign up to W24's newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our stories and giveaways.