Winter has come. Bad news for Game of Thrones characters and your blonde locks, be it natural or colour-treated. Avoid dryness and fading colours by following these easy tips for your tresses:
1. Blonde hair is finer, more fragile and more likely to dry out than other hair colours, according to Schwarzkopf. Dry winter temperatures causes blonde hair to fade, so be sure to invest in a treatment mask. Leave the mask in overnight on a weekly basis.
2. Tinted shampoo and conditioners will become your best friends during winter says Allure. They'll maintain the glisten in your mane, but remember to dilute it and to apply it evenly. You're going for gold! (Not purple.)
3. If your hair is colour-treated and prone to turning a brassy colour during winter, Janelle Chaplin, creative director for Australian haircare brand Original & Mineral, recommends a gloss colour or reflect additive in between salon appointments.
4. Hot showers seem like the best remedy for that rainy day, but beware - piping hot water causes colour to fade. Lukewarm temperatures work best when showering, or opt for a relaxing bath. You can even give dry shampoo a go.
5. Be bold and go a shade darker for a more natural look, which won't damage your hair as much as light blonde. Colouring your hair a lighter shade of blonde is hard on the hair structure, and can possibly dry your hair out. Dry air = dry hair.
Here are some great products for blondes that you can shop now!
Terenzo Hairdressing's BLONDI BLU shampoo is a luxurious product that delivers exceptional shine and strength for blonde hair. It enhances softness and repairs hair from within. The shampoo contains Baobab oil, Jojoba Seed oil, Argon oil, which not only works wonders to hydrate your blonde locks, it also smells absolutely incredible! R310
Label.m Brightening Blonde Shampoo gradually lightens and brightens while gently cleansing and nourishing hair to prevent dryness, tangling and breakage. I contains natural extracts including white pineapple, Mamaki tea, and lemon which activate the lightening process, enhance shine and freshen the scalp, without damaging or drying out hair. R240.
Try the REDKEN Frizz Dismiss Mask, it will work wonders on colour-treated hair as it's intense formula hydrates hair for days. Use once or twice a week on hair ends. R429.