What’s great about the look is its simplicity, it adds character, freshness and edginess to anyone willing to attempt this bold look.
It’s not time-consuming whatsoever, which means it’s a great fall-back hairdo when you're in a rush.
According to Cosmopolitan, an added bonus is that you can pull off this look when your hair is on the greasy side.
Some famous faces that have pulled off this look effortlessly, include Kendall Jenner, Sienna Miller, Kim Kardashian, Alicia Keys, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen – who have worn it frequently at red carpet events and appearances.
At this year's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Cape Town local models shared some selfies, just before hitting the runway:
It’s common knowledge that we all know how to wet our hair, but styling it to appear wet is something completely different. No one wants to look like a mop.
Here are a few dos and don’ts before attempting the wet-look:
• Wait until your hair is at least 50% dry before styling it.
• Use a comb brush to keep it looking sleek. Try to keep a comb handy whenever you are working this look just to keep your hair together and neat. Run a conditioner through and flat iron after a few minutes.
• Updos. If all else fails and you feel like nothing is falling in place, just try wet updo. According to The Gloss, it gives a really sleek look and it gets your hair off your back and neck.
• Wrap your hair up in a towel. According to Style Caster, hair is more vulnerable when it’s wet. The weight of the water on your hair closes up the cuticle and as it dries, it opens up again. The towel turban rips your hair apart, leaving you with broken and split ends. The best alternative is to use a towel shammy (the ones you sometimes wash your car with).
• Never do parted styles. Rather slick it all back.
Don’t know how to pull off the wet hair look, watch this tutorial:
More on Great Hair: