- Chanel will unveil its new 12-hour fragrance and beauty boutique at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town on Saturday 12 December 2020. Monday to Sunday. 9am to 9pm. Get ready to experience a 'beautique' like no other.
- Dedicated to fragrance, makeup, and skincare, this boutique brings Chanel Beauty into a new dimension for South Africa, reinforcing the ties between the House and its clients.
- As SA is enjoying an unexpected retail boom this year, it's no surprise that plans are in place to expand this 'beautique' in 2021.
With international fashion retailers and boutiques steadily streaming into South Africa in 2020, one can't help but get curious about this current commercial magnetism that's seeing a rather unexpected retail boom for us.
Well, a quick keyword search on W24 - 'luxury' - unearths a 2019 article detailing Sub-Saharan Africa's growth, and jogs the memory about the continent's confident prospects in the luxury space.
In this article, it's highlighted that "the African continent has become integral to the ever-changing concept of luxury in today’s world."
The below findings from Euromonitor about our emerging market in Sub-Saharan Africa are then given as follows;
Sub-Saharan Africa has emerged in the last 10 years as the second-fastest growing region in the world and is projected to maintain this position to 2020. Growth indicators are encouraging and many factors are driving this including:
1. A demographic boom
2. A rapidly expanding young population
3. The growth and increased wealth of the middle class and financial independence of women
4. Accelerated penetration of new technologies and smartphone use
5. Urbanisation of the continent - in 2030, of the 41 mega-cities on the planet, six will be African, with four in the Sub-Saharan zone
6. Development of the super-rich. The number of high net-worth individuals with more than one million U.S. dollars in assets has doubled in 15 years and should increase by 45% by 2024.
As such, we are currently in a new wave of African luxury brands, where there is a growing demand for luxury African products... and now evidently European luxury brands too.
Between the queue that often snakes outside of the Diamond Walk's Louis Vuitton store, Dior setting up at the Fourways Mall Edgars store earlier this year, and the R220 000 Birkin bag that sold in two minutes last week, it's safe to say Chanel's graceful foray into South Africa is right on time for our appetite for all things luxury and high-end.
That's right - gather your coins, paper, and plastic as Chanel will unveil its new fragrance and beauty boutique at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town this Saturday, 12 December.
Dedicated to fragrance, makeup and skincare, this boutique brings Chanel Beauty into a new dimension for South Africa, reinforcing the ties between the House and its clients.
The 61sqm space will feature the first standalone pop-up concept for South Africa, and it is projected to expand to 106sqm in 2021.
Look forward to eau-so-lovely parfum and makeup
The immersive space offers a large range of fragrances from the iconic N°5 to COCO MADEMOISELLE L’EAU PRIVÉE and LES EAUX DE CHANEL, the latest creations by Olivier Polge, Chanel In-House Perfumer Creator.
You will also find the LES EXCLUSIFSDE CHANEL collection, comprising 17 rare fragrances in identical bottles.
Marion Cotillard for Chanel. Image supplied by CHANEL
Each has an entirely different story, inspired by different chapters of Mademoiselle Chanel’s life. A fragrance expert will assist clients to find their signature fragrance.
A Skincare experience display facilitates endless exploration of Chanel’s skincare range, including the premium SUBLIMAGE.
The interactive makeup experience display invites clients to discover the full range of Chanel makeup with Beauty Advisors on hand to assist.
Makeup by Lucia Pica at the 2021 Spring/Summer ready-to-wear show. Image supplied by CHANEL.
So expect a little something like this, but sans its fellow French beauty counterparts just a few meters away...
Photo: Afika's own
In 2021, the boutique will also present a comprehensive selection of Chanel sunglasses. Elegant and modern, the mix of seasonal fashion and classic styles highlight the exclusive allure of this French label.
This fragrance and beauty boutique elevates the beauty shopping experience to a new level. Chanel invites clients to benefit from personalised consultations and makeup tips gleaned from the House’s dedicated experts.
Additional information and images provided by Chanel