Just when you thought you couldn’t love it anymore right?
While the health and body benefits have been widely documented before, like the slowing of the cancer process, or lowering the risk of heart disease, it’s only in recent years that the skin and beauty benefits are now coming into the spotlight.
The power of rooibos
The rooibos magic lies in the fact that it’s packed with antioxidants (some say 50 times more than green tea), is caffeine-free and contains zinc and natural alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs). It also includes other minerals like potassium, copper and calcium, making it just that much better. It’s no surprise that these properties are just as good for your outside as they are for your inside.
So what does rooibos really do for your skin?
- Firstly, rooibos, with all its antioxidants, helps fight free radicals in the skin and repairs damage brought on by the elements. So creams that use rooibos act as anti-ageing agents on the skin.
- Those trusty antioxidants also help soothe irritations caused by sunburn, eczema, or dryness of the skin.
- If your main concern is breakouts, rooibos helps with that too, thanks to the AHAs and zinc that aid in the treatment and relief of acne or pimples.
- The AHAs also make a great exfoliator that helps get rid of older layers of skin cells to reveal the newer, healthier cells underneath.
- One of the more astounding benefits is that recent studies have shown that rooibos extract is effective in preventing precancerous skin cells from replicating.
The Natural AdvantAGE
African Extracts Rooibos recognises the many, many benefits of adding rooibos to your skincare routine and has created the AdvantAGE range. These new anti-ageing products are packed with natural ingredients, with the most noteworthy one being Bio-Active Rooibos, to ensure your skin gets the most from this miracle herb’s benefits.
The range includes gentle face cleansers, serums, hand creams, scrubs, night moisturisers, and more, all aimed at protecting your skin from the elements and preventing the signs of ageing. Perfect for a busy lifestyle under our South African sun. In the end, what’s not to love about rooibos?
To find out more about African Extracts visit our website or follow us on Facebook.