- Reddit user shared the list of demands that her bridezilla friend gave them saying she was also considering dropping out of the bridal party.
- The bride-to-be, whom she referred to as 'Katie,' has forbidden them from getting pregnant or engaged because it is her year.
- The Reddit user said the rough estimate for everything she wanted was around $2,000 (R30 650.40) per person
A bridesmaid described how her bridezilla friend’s long list of demands and insults caused her and other bridesmaids to opt out of the wedding.
A 20-year-old woman took to Reddit to explain how her friend, who she refers to as Katie, has barred her bridesmaids from getting engaged or pregnant because it is her year.
The Reddit user says that she was asked to be a bridesmaid while she was still pregnant. “I was pregnant when she asked me to be a part of her wedding. Since I have joined, 5 people have dropped out due to her attitude and high expectations,” she says.
Here are a few of her expectations:
- No one is allowed to get pregnant from here on out.
- No one is allowed to get engaged as this is “her” year and getting engaged would overshadow her wedding.
- You must respond quickly and promptly, and throughout the entire day.
- The bridesmaids must pay for everything for the bride on the bachelorette trip.
- You must buy new outfits (so that there are no photos of you in them already) for each night of the bachelorette trip (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday), bridal shower (2 days total), and rehearsal dinner PLUS different bridesmaids pyjamas for each night of the bachelorette trip.
- You must have your nails done professionally for each event.
- You should already order all outfits for each event (the wedding is in September).
- You must gift the bride at each event as well.
She explained, "The rough estimate for everything she wants (bridal shower, air bnbs, bach trip, food & drink for myself and her, decorations for all events, outfits, etc) was around $2000 (R 30 650.40) on the low end."
“I’m 2 weeks post-partum, and Katie came to take my baby’s new-born pictures as I had hired her. When she came, she insulted my weight multiple times and reminded me I need to lose my baby weight before her wedding,” said the Reddit user.
One user commented, “That list has “bridezilla” written all over it, plus having five people drop out should be a red flag,’ one person wrote. ‘It’s her wedding, but it’s your mental health.”
Another said, “Drop out NOW! And I’d drop her as a “friend” as well,’ another advised. I thought h*ll no after reading the list of demands, and that’s before I got to the other insults. Does she want you to pay for her wedding dress and reception as well?”