Before you rush out to buy a dress you will never wear again or just opt for the usual black pants and a top, take a look at my tips to glamourising your look.
1. Decide on the look you want to create: There are very few rules when it comes to dress codes these days, so decide on the look that is going to make you feel fabulous! You can carry anything off if it’s done with confidence.
Take a look at what’s already in your wardrobe. Maybe you have a dress that just needs to be shortened and if warn with the right shoes, it will work perfectly.
If you are going to go shopping for something to wear, select something you can wear again and dress up or down depending on the occasion. You will need some time for this. The last minute shopping trip usually results in you buying yet another ‘not so perfect’ outfit you will never wear again.
2. Glamourise your makeup: A dramatic smoky eye look or a touch of shimmer can take your look from day to night in an instant.
Evening makeup isn’t necessarily about adding more makeup to your usual day look. It’s about using different products and colours, in different ways.
If you are not sure how, book a free makeup lesson at a Bobbi Brown Cosmetics counter (at selected Edgars and Stuttaford stores).
They will teach you how to create your perfect glamour makeup look so you can do it yourself next time.
3. Style your hair for the occasion: This is a great way to transform your look for a special occasion. If you always wear your hair down, try a fun up style. Why not use an occasion to try different looks? There are some great Youtube videos that can give you DIY instructions. Alternatively, book a lesson with your hair stylist so you have a couple of options to choose from for various occasions.
The key is to give some thought to this before hand and not just wait till the last minute. A little planning can go a long way to helping you look and feel fabulous on the evening.
Tracy Gold and Women24 Mini Makeover workshops
Join Tracy Gold, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, ghd and SalonCare for a mini makeover workshop and learn to create a new and improved you.
Personal stylist, women24 fashion writer and expert, Tracy Gold, will run this informative and interactive workshop. It will give you great practical tips on how to create a look that best suits your body shape, lifestyle, personality, life stage and budget.
The workshop will start with a short introduction from the makeover professionals on how to:
• Lose 5kg just by getting dressed in the morning by Tracy Gold.
• Simplify your skin care routine by selecting the correct products for your skin type by SalonCare.
• Enhance your natural beauty with make-up tips by a Bobbi Brown make-up artist.
• Style your hair with ease for a natural every day look by a ghd hairstylist.
One-on-one advice: Ladies will rotate with the various experts to receive individual styling tips from each professional. Products from Tracy Gold and SalonCare will be available for sale. The professionals will assist you in making the correct purchases to suit your individual needs.
Coming to Cape Town, Durban and Joburg.
Follow Women24 on Twitter and like us on Facebook.