My preference is a slim leg, wide leg or bootleg that offer balance to women’s curves and add length to your legs. But, if you love the skinny and want to wear them, then it’s all about getting the proportions right.
If you have the figure and confidence to wear a skinny jean and short fitted top, then by all means…enjoy. For the rest of us, here are a few ways you can wear skinnies effectively.
1. Wear tops with shape. I see many women wear a skinny jean or trouser with a long baggy top over it. If you are going to wear a long top, select a top that has shape. Fit and flare styles work really well as they emphasise your waist and if it is the right length, it can de-emphasis your hips. Peplum styles are great for this. Make sure the length of the top doesn’t end at your widest point, but rather above it. It makes your hips look smaller in comparison to the flair of the top.
2. Tuck in your blouse. One of the challenges with wearing skinnies, is that they can often make your legs look shorter than they are. If you have a flatish tummy, create a longer leg look by tucking in your top or blouse and add a pair of sexy heels. If you have a bit of a tummy, select a top or blouse in a print. Print does wonders to deceive the eye. You won’t even see your tummy underneath a print.
3. Belt your waist. Have a ton of baggy tops? Why not belt them with a wide belt, in your waist. This will no only give you shape, but will also make your legs look like they start at your waist rather than the hem of your top.
Remember, these are only guidelines, not rules. Next time I’ll share some alternative and still fashionable alternatives to the skinny jean.
Tracy Gold and Women24 Mini Makeover workshops
Join Tracy Gold, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, ghd and SalonCare for a mini makeover workshop and learn to create a new and improved you.
Personal stylist, women24 fashion writer and expert, Tracy Gold, will run this informative and interactive workshop. It will give you great practical tips on how to create a look that best suits your body shape, lifestyle, personality, life stage and budget.
The workshop will start with a short introduction from the makeover professionals on how to:
• Lose 5kg just by getting dressed in the morning by Tracy Gold.
• Simplify your skin care routine by selecting the correct products for your skin type by SalonCare.
• Enhance your natural beauty with make-up tips by a Bobbi Brown make-up artist.
• Style your hair with ease for a natural every day look by a ghd hairstylist.
One-on-one advice: Ladies will rotate with the various experts to receive individual styling tips from each professional. Products from Tracy Gold and SalonCare will be available for sale. The professionals will assist you in making the correct purchases to suit your individual needs.
Coming to Cape Town and Joburg.
For more details click here