Making a clothing shopping list is one of the most important techniques you can learn. It will make your shopping time more focused and cost effective.
Here is a 6-step plan to making your clothing shopping list:
1. Take a good look at what is in your wardrobe. If you don’t know what you have, you won’t know what you need. Don’t purchase a single item till you have done this!
2. Consider the look you want to create. There are so many trends out there to choose from. Use trend to inspire you to create your own individual look. If there are trends you love and suit your shape, make them your own so you look like a great version of yourself and not a clone of someone else.
3. Shop your own wardrobe. Which items in your wardrobe will work well for the look you want to create? It could be your favorite jeans, a pair of stacked heels or items that if worn differently can go from drab to fab.
4. Make a list of the items you need to create the desired look. You may simply need a funky skirt to go with your existing blouses or a wide belt to give definition to those shapeless numbers. Be as specific as you can.
5. Don’t settle. Women often go shopping for something specific only to come home with another pair of black trousers. Be prepared to look around for a while till you find what you are looking for. Browse in stores you’ve never been in before.
Going to the same stores all the time seldom results in something different.
6. Make it fun. Take your time and let the hunt be the fun part. Finding that perfect item will be worth the wait.
Need some help to learn to shop effectively?
Renowned for her work as a personal stylist and fashion designer, Tracy Gold offers a variety of personal styling services especially designed to assist you to feel fabulous about yourself.
Tracy will help you refine your existing wardrobe by teaching you what works for you, what doesn't and why. She will also teach you her effective shopping techniques that will save you a fortune and keep you from making the same expensive fashion mistakes again.
Visit her website for more details www.tracygold.co.za
Follow Women24 on Twitter.