For those who now know that prints are a girl’s best friend because they disguise a multitude of things, I’m going to give you tips on mixing print and texture for an on-trend look.
It’s true that mixing prints effectively isn’t the easiest trend to through together, but if you get it right, it can look awesome! If you love breaking the rules, then this trend is for you.
Here are a few guidelines to mixing prints with style:
1. Stick to one colour palette. Mixing two different prints with completely different colour ways can look OTT. Select two different prints with the same basic colours for a well-put together look.
2. Mix big & small or simple & busy. Mixing two really bold prints can start to wear you instead of you wearing it. By mixing a big print with a small print or a simple print with a busy print, you can add interest to your look without looking like a Christmas tree.
3. Mix a neutral print with a colourful print. It’s fun to wear a colourful printed dress with a simple black and white print jacket or a graphic black and white printed pair of trousers with a colourful printed top for a bolder combination.
4. Mix texture with print. This is an easier one to get right. Instead of mixing print with plain, mix print with texture i.e. wear a velvet embossed black jacket with a printed dress or trousers. Mixing print and texture doesn’t have to be dramatic. Sometimes the simpler mixes are the best.
5. Already mixed. Since this is a top trend for the season, you will easily find an already mixed print dress, top or trousers. Its’ a great way to wear the trend without worrying if you are getting it right.
These are just guidelines ladies. Use your discretion and ask yourself…does this look good? Do I feel fabulous in this combo? If the answer is YES, then wear it with confidence and have fun.
Tracy Gold and Women24 Mini Makeover workshops
Join Tracy Gold, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, ghd and SalonCare for a mini makeover workshop and learn to create a new and improved you.
Personal stylist, women24 fashion writer and expert, Tracy Gold, will run this informative and interactive workshop. It will give you great practical tips on how to create a look that best suits your body shape, lifestyle, personality, life stage and budget.
The workshop will start with a short introduction from the makeover professionals on how to:
• Lose 5kg just by getting dressed in the morning by Tracy Gold.
• Simplify your skin care routine by selecting the correct products for your skin type by SalonCare.
• Enhance your natural beauty with make-up tips by a Bobbi Brown make-up artist.
• Style your hair with ease for a natural every day look by a ghd hairstylist.
One-on-one advice: Ladies will rotate with the various experts to receive individual styling tips from each professional and a mini facial from SalonCare. Products from Tracy Gold, SalonCare, ghd and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics will be available for sale. The professionals will assist you in making the correct purchases to suit your individual needs.
Coming to Cape Town, Durban and Joburg.
For more details click here
Image source: www.seduce.com.au