Models walk the runway for the Savage X Fenty Fall/Winter 2018 fashion show during NYFW
These moments made us celebrate a more realistic and diverse standard of beauty in the fashion industry.
1. This underwear designer cast only transgender models at his New York Fashion Week show
2. The #FatatFashionWeek hashtag
Technically this happened on the street and not on the runway but it reminded us that fashion is for everyone and all body shapes and sizes need to be normalised.
3. This lingerie brand cast more black models but...
When will Victoria’s Secret realise "fat" women are sexy too?
4. A model wore a breast pump down the runway at London Fashion Week
5. We don't have to hide our roots
These natural hair looks from New York Fashion Week are amazing - and easy to do at home too
6. Major modelling agencies are hiring deaf models
What it's like to be a deaf model on international runways and shoots
7. Some models give others a bad name though
“I didn’t speak Paris”: Model says she can relate to problems of women of colour because she’s blonde
8. But some celebs continue the fight against double standards
Blake Lively has worn a power suit for seven days in a row - and it's not by accident
9. Had a long week and just need a little fashion fun to relax?
QUIZ: Which Insecure character are you, based on your style?
10. If you saw anything you'd like to shop, read this before you place the next order
Love shopping from online international retailers like Asos and Amazon? Be careful, SARS wants to register you as an importer
Happy long weekend and Heritage Day! Don't spend all your money.
Love, the W24 team
Sign up to W24's newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our hot stories and giveaways.