Meet Marcus Gordon, father of Wheels24's Janine Van der Post, and one of the biggest Ford fans she knows. He probably isn't fully aware of it, but he's the reason why Janine love cars, and why she became a motoring journalist.
Gordon (65), has owned mostly Fords since his very first purchase of a Ford Escort Mk1 in the 70s.
Van der Post says: "I wanted to do something nice for my Dad since his last car got stolen five years ago, and Ford SA liked the idea enough to make it a reality after reading about his love for the Blue Oval brand a few months ago in this Father's Day article.
He got to test drive a little 1.0-litre Ford Fiesta Trend mated to a 6-speed auto 'box. The three-cylinder unit puts out 74kW and 170Nm. Pricing for this model starts at R294 200.
READ: Here's how this veteran petrolhead became a Ford fan
Here are 10 things he had to say about the latest Ford Fiesta:
1. The new look of the Fiesta with its flowing lines, as well as its speed just knocked me off my feet.
2. The waistline in its design really makes this Fiesta one good-looking car. And, the LED cornering headlights are not only functional but look real neat. I found it considerably useful when driving home from night shift on rainy winter evenings as it lit up the dark roads.
3. The cockpit with all its buttons left me feeling like I am the pilot of a Boeing. My older Ford cars never really had that many features but the fascia in the Fiesta is easy to get used to, even though my tech-savvy score might not be very high.
4. The sporty seats and leather gear knob added another plus for me in its funky interior. My two older sisters, both of whom are in their 80s, found it very easy to get in and out of the vehicle when I took them for a drive, and took them shopping.
5. I fell hopelessly in love with the touchscreen and steering wheel which incorporated the audio controls as well as the speed control (cruise control) button at my fingertips. The system speakers are also top of the range.
6. I found the heated seats also very convenient, especially when driving to work at 5AM on crisp mornings. It also help relieved my back aches.
7. I was very impressed with the fuel economy. I took her for a run to Saldanha Bay up the West Coast and the full tank only dropped a quarter of the way. This resulted in 18 driven kilometres per on liter of fuel over a distance of 170km which worked out to a consumption of about 8.9-liters/100km
8. The LED lights and wiper blades are perfect and makes vision as clear as daylight in any circumstance.
9. The powerful engine and gearbox impressed me immensely with its smooth gear changes. Klein maar getrein (Dynamite comes in small packages).
10. As the day for me to part with her grew shorter I got to love this car more and more.