• Jaguar South Africa has updated its performance flagship SUV, the F-Pace SVR.
• It benefits from exterior and interior changes including a new launch control system and Pivi Pro infotainment.
• Most importantly, the 5.0-litre V8 supercharged motor produces 405kW and more peak torque at 700Nm.
Jaguar South Africa announced its updated F-Pace SVR will arrive in the first half of 2021 sporting a long list of upgrade, chief among which is a higher torque figure and a faster 0-100km/h time.
Priced from R1 835 700, the SVR is powered by a 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine with 405kW and a 20Nm for peak torque at 700Nm.
Jaguar says the the increase in torque delivers better performance and thus the 0-100km/h is three-tenths faster than before at four seconds flat. Top speed is 286km/h.
The powertrain now features the same torque converter used in the XE SV Project 8 super sedan, to withstand the higher loads produced, Jaguar says.
1. The 405kW 5.0-litre V8 Supercharged petrol engine features a revised torque curve that raises peak output to 700Nm and powers F-PACE SVR to a higher 286km/h top speed.
2. Heightened torque output and new Dynamic Launch function cut 0-100km/h time by three-tenths of a second to just 4.0 seconds.
3. There is updated cooling and pads deliver enhanced brake performance, while new Integrated Power Booster and retuned pedal feel.
4. There is new front bodywork influenced by SV’s significant motorsport experience reduces lift by 35% and lowers drag.
5. All-new interior features selection of exclusive performance-focused materials.
6. The Pivi Pro dual-sim infotainment technology is accessed through an all-new 29cm HD curved glass touchscreen and enables Software-Over-The-Air capability.
7. Expect the new SVR in the first half of 2021, but is available to order now with a starting price of R1 835 700.
Gearbox and dynamic settings
The carmaker has tweaked its dynamic mode with unique tuning. There's a new Dynamic Launch feature also uses driveline inertia to maintain power to the wheels during gear changes.
The steering system features a new electronic power-assistance system and modified tuning of the adaptive damping.
When it come to stopping power, the 395mm (front) and 396mm (rear) two-piece disc brakes are now supported by a new Integrated Power Booster which, along with a recalibration of the system. This tuning is specific to the SVR performance flagship, while the brake system uses a new electric booster system.
Cool features include a stopwatch, G-Meter and pedal graph also help the driver to monitor performance in Dynamic mode.
The seat and door inserts are finished in Alcantara, with elements such as the central cubby and leather midroll wrapped in luxurious Windsor leather.
The 31cm HD Interactive Driver Display is wrapped in Alcantara with ebony stitching, while aluminium patterned finishers feature as standard with open-pore carbon-fibre available as an option.
Optional slimline semi-aniline leather sports seats with heritage logo-inspired diamond embroidery across the front shoulder section, feature a unique perforation across the backrest, while the same pattern is used on the leather on the seatbacks.
These include intuitive Pivi Pro infotainment, Software-Over-Air capability, Active Road Noise Cancellation and the latest Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and optional wireless device charging.
All Jaguar vehicles come with a standard five year or 100 000km Jaguar Care Plan and warranty.