Jaguar unveiled an updated version of its F-Type sports car that will arrive in South Africa in 2020.
The immediate change is to the front-end with new headlights and a grille. Jaguar says inside the use of luxurious materials, and beautiful detailing define the driver-focused interior.
Here are five standout changes to the new F-Type:
1. A new 32cm HD virtual instrument cluster, with updated Meridian sound system, there's also Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility for ease of use.
2. The high-performance R model benefits from a 423kW supercharged V8 engine that results in a 0-100km/h in just 3.7 seconds. Jaguar has also fitted an uprated chassis with new springs, dampers, anti-roll bars, and rear knuckles.
3. The new 'Quickshift' transmission has been meticulously recalibrated to offer even faster, crisper gear changes says Jaguar, and using data gained from the XE SV Project 8 model.
4. The special 'First Edition' models which are coming to South Africa features an Exterior Design Pack, Black Contrast Roof, unique 20-inch wheels, and 12-way Windsor Leather Performance Seats with Monogram stitch.
5. The updated F-Type will reach South Africa in 2020, the range consist of R Dynamic, First Edition and R models in Coupe and Convertible form:
R-Dynamic Coupé and Convertible
221kW 2.0-litre four-cylinder; Quickshift RWD
280kW 3.0-litre V6; Quickshift; RWD
First Edition Coupé and Convertible:
280kW 3.0-litre V6; Quickshift; AWD
R Coupé and Convertible:
423kW 5.0-litre V8; Quickshift AWD
Pricing will be announced closer to local introduction