• Duster has been on sale in SA since 2013.
• More than 15 000 units have been sold locally.
• A petrol and diesel engine power the range.
• For more motoring stories, go to www.Wheels24.co.za
The Renault Duster is a popular face on South African roads. Since coming to market in 2013, the SUV has been a top-seller and continues to impress with every passing year.
The success recipe for this SUV is a simple one: affordable to maintain with rugged looks and a practical interior.
It's a recipe that's yielded plenty of success for Renault locally, and the SUV is bound to continue on the local scene for a considerable time to come.
2020 Renault Duster (QuickPic)
10 good reasons
To remind South Africans of the Duster's prowess, here are ten of the SUV's aspects that helped make it a success.
1. The Duster first arrived locally in 2013. Since then, more than 15 000 units have been sold, and globally more than 2 million.
2. Off-roading is no issue for the Duster, thanks to its 210mm ground clearance.
3. While going off the beaten track is what the Duster lives for, it retains practicality and boasts with a spacious 478L boot.
4. Keyless entry and start is standard on the Duster, as well as an auto-lock function.
5. The Duster boasts with a rugged look and is rounded off by 16- or 17-inch Alloy wheels. C-shaped daytime-running lights are standard.
6. The electronic features are not forgotten, and the Duster is fitted with Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control, a smart 4x4 monitor on 4x4 models, as well as climate control, rear-view camera, and satellite navigation.
7. On the safety front, the Duster is kitted with several airbags, Electronic Stability Control, and ABS brakes, among others.
8. Three engines make up the range: a 1.6-litre 16V petrol engine, and two versions of the 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine.
9. The Duster's fuel rating begins at a lowly 4.8-litre/100km.
10. The Duster comes standard with a three-year/ 45 000km Service Plan and a five-year/ 150 000km Warranty.
Compiled by: Charlen Raymond