• The Formula 1 Turkish grand prix took place from 2005 to 2011.
• Brazil's Felipe Massa has claimed a hat trick of victories, the most of any driver.
• We look at five memorable moments from previous races ahead of the grand prix return this weekend.
The Turkish grand prix takes place this Sunday after Formula 1 organisers added it to the rescheduled calendar due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
F1 fans didn't complain and welcomed the return of the Istanbul Park Circuit with its iconic Turn 8. Former Ferrari driver Felipe Massa dominated the track when in the late 2000s, claiming a hat trick of wins.
The Brazilian driver may have fond memories of the grand prix, but for others it was the scene of bitter on track squabbles.
We look back at five of the best moments from the Turkish grand prix, including Kimi Raikkonen's win at the inaugural race, fierce battles between teammates and wheel-to-wheel racing between two former F1 champs.
1. Kimi wins first ever Turkish Grand Prix in an action packed race that saw many drivers spinning off the track. Juan Pablo Montoya found out the hard way with two laps remaining when he fell foul to the fast Turn 8.
2. McLaren teammates Button and Hamilton go head-to-head
Aaaah 2010, for me it will be remembered when South Africa hosted the football World Cup. It was also the same year British drivers and McLaren teammates Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button went wheel-to-wheel.
Hamilton emerged victorious and it's still his sole victory in Turkey.
3. Kubica shows his class in tussle with Webber in 2006
Polish racing driver Robert Kubica will go down in F1 history as a fans favourite. His easy-going nature and supreme driving talent was loved by many.
This clip from the 2006 Turkish GP is an example of Kubica showing immense courage to overtake Red Bull's Mark Webber.
4. Battle of the champions - Alonso and Schumacher give everything for second place
Is there anything more to say about these two legendary F1 drivers? Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher show grit and determination as they battle for second place at the 2006 race.
Alonso at the time was fresh from winning two consecutive world titles and Schumacher was keen to get one over on the Spaniard.
5. And finally, perhaps the most shocking of all moments from Istanbul saw Red Bulls lock horns
Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber were Red Bull teammates for five years, but they weren't best friends. The German and the Australian clashed several times over their time together.
In 2010 the rivalry spilled over into a crash as the drivers came together in dramatic fashion. Vettel's race was over while Webber went on to finish third. It's safe to say no love was lost between the two.
View this post on Instagram
One of Turkey's most shocking moments? ?? Red Bull team mates Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber came together at Istanbul Park in dramatic fashion! Vettel was forced to retire, but Webber went on to snatch a podium place #F1 #Formula1 #Motorsports #TurkishGP @redbullracing @aussiegrit