• Audi's refreshed A5/S5 is now available in South Africa.
• The lineup consists of Sportback, Coupé, and Cabriolet models.
• The Cabriolet is available in S5 guise only.
• For more motoring stories, go to www.Wheels24.co.za
Audi's updated family of A5 and S5s has been unleashed in South Africa and features a host of updates to the exterior, interior, and MMI touch operating system.
The A5/S5 has always been the athletic type, and the new model continues that tradition. The car's bodywork has gained a more muscular presence, and the single-frame honeycomb grille is flatter and wider. Ventilation slits above the grille are reminiscent of the classic Audi Sport Quattro from 1984. A bold blade forms the lower edge of the bumper, which features larger air inlets. A new sill provides for a slimmer appearance when viewed from the side, while a diffuser insert with trapezoidal tailpipes makes the back of the car look wider.
The exterior design is available in two options, a standard variant in the entry-level model and the S line trim line across the range. The standard model offers:
- 17-inch cast aluminium wheels
- Door sills with aluminium inserts in the front
- Black matte radiator grille with a chrome frame
- Black matte grained side air intakes and rear diffuser
- Tailpipe trims in aluminium silver matte and a bar tailgate in chrome
The S Line models will offer a differentiated exterior design which includes:
- 18-inch cast aluminium wheels
- Front sills with aluminium inserts, illuminated and with S lettering
- S Line emblem on the front fenders
- Widened side skirts in body colour finish
- Sports suspension
- S Line specific radiator grille in titanium black and chrome framed
- Side air inlets in matt black grained with matt aluminium silver
- S Line specific rear diffuser in titanium black matt
- Rear trim in aluminium silver matt and bar tailgate in chrome
The S models also come with their own unique look which includes:
- 19-inch S style contrast grey wheels
- Red brake calipers
- Exterior mirror housings in aluminium look
- Larger rear spoiler
- S model bumpers
- S sports suspension
Compiled by: Charlen Raymond