Volkswagen's iconic Golf GTI, has set the standard for hot hatches since 1976. The Golf GTI, currently in 7.5-generation guise, remains one of the best-selling hot hatches globally.
Wheels24 has acquired a Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0 TSI DSG as our long-term test vehicle.
The 'Tungsten Silver' metallic hot hatch has fit right in our garage and despite being launched more than two years ago, it's amazing to see how many heads this car turns.
Under the bonnet lies a 1984cc TSI engine delivering 169kW (4700 to 6200rpm) and 350Nm (1500 to 4600rpm). The engine is mated to the well-known and well-loved 6-speed DSG.
READ: SPIED - This will be the new Volkswagen Golf Mk8
It rockets from 0-100km/h in 6.4 seconds and has a claimed top speed of 248km/h. Volkswagen says it has a combined fuel consumption of 6.4 litres/100km.
The Golf GTI has a 50-litre fuel tank and 380 litres of luggage capacity. The price as Standard is R558 000, but of course our model has several options fitted.
Do you own a VW Golf GTI, particularly the current Mk7 version? Email us and tell us about your hot hatch?
Keep an eye for our driving impressions...
• Metallic Paint
• Mobile Interface ‘Comfort’ with inductive charging function
• Tilting and sliding panoramic sunroof
• KESSY keyless entry
• Rear Assist – Rear View Camera
• Blind spot monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
• Park Assist including Park Distance Control (front and rear)
• Active Info Display
• 19-inch Santiago alloy wheels
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Assist and Emergency Braking System
• Adaptive Chassis Control including driver selection profile
The GTI has a 3 year or 120 000km warranty, a 5-year or 90 000km Service Plan and 15 000km service intervals.