The latest instalments of the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series totally revolutionized the racing genre with explosive graphics and gameplay.
Back when the Playstation and XBox were first released, in game graphics it was a marvel for that era - a massive leap from TV games and handheld Gameboy's of the early 90s.
Changing the game
Both consoles gave rise to legendary games like the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series, and who could forget Need For Speed. If you weren't into cars, these games laid the foundation for it.
While Gran Turismo was based on actual driving, gamers wanted something less 'serious' and more expressive in terms of tuning and modification. Need For Speed Underground gave gamers the first taste of street racing and a different gameplay dimension altogether.
Check out the list of the top 10 racing games on Playstation:
1. The Need For Speed series (Need For Speed Underground)
2. Gran Turismo series (Gran Turismo 1)
3. Burnout series (Burnout 2: Point of Impact)
4. Midnight Club Los Angeles
5. Colin Mcrae series (Colin Mcrae Rally)
7. Ridge Racer series (Ridge Racer Type 4)
8. Test Driver series (Test Drive Unlimited 2)
9. Nascar series (Nascar Thunder 2004)
10. TOCA series (Toca Race Driver 3)