- More than 1400 new Corolla Cross vehicles have found homes in South Africa.
- Four styling packs are available to create a unique look for your vehicle.
- Electronic upgrades such as camera systems and parking aids are available too.
- For motoring news, go to Wheels24
Toyota's fuel-efficient Corolla Cross has already attracted more than 1400 buyers within a month of its launch. As fuel breaches the R20 per litre price point in December, we think even more motorists will be considering this vehicle to keep their mobility costs in control as the cost of living rises in South Africa.
Thanks to attractive pricing (starting at R349 900) and a variety of fuel-saving (including hybrid) models to choose from, we think the 2021 Corolla Cross makes perfect sense for motorists who want a spacious, rugged-looking car but they don't want to pay for SUV running costs. Still, despite the variety available in the local lineup, Toyota South Africa Motors (TSAM) is pulling no punches when it comes to making the new Corolla Cross even more attractive as an alternative to a full-fat SUV.
Which is your favourite styling pack for the new Corolla Cross? Let us know in the comments section, or please send us an email here.
How you can officially customise your Toyota Corolla Cross
These days, new car buyers don't mind spending a little more money to make their vehicle unique. Toyota has taken this into account and has announced the availability of many accessory packages and electronic convenience add-on features for Corolla Cross.
Four bespoke exterior packages are on offer:
1. X-Over Package
The X-Over package features rugged matte black cladding on the radiator grille and front bumper, a silver front guard with a three-dimensional design, matching side skirt design, rear bumper insert, window safety film and gloss-black alloy wheels (available in 17" and 18" versions). It is priced at R 23 690.
2. Hybrid Package
The Hybrid package is exclusive to the Hybrid Xs and Hybrid Xr models. Complementing the blue Toyota insignia are matching boomerang-shaped corner trim garnishes finished in metallic blue, blue side skirt inserts, rear bumper corner inserts and blue trim on the C-pillar (below the Corolla Cross badging). With the addition of the Hybrid package, the Corolla Cross Hybrid models proudly display their new-energy credentials in an eye-catching yet stylish way. It is priced at R 7 964. (No image supplied by Toyota, yet)
3. Urban Sport Package
The Urban Sport package combines utility with rugged style by offering enhanced protection to the vehicle exterior while creating a unique visual identity. A black front bumper spoiler is joined by an extended side skirt and diffuser-like rear bumper insert. It is priced at R 18 723.
4. Adventure Package
The Adventure Package amplifies the SUV appearance of the Corolla Cross with stylish exterior enhancements. A silver front bumper spoiler with raised surface detailing is accompanied by silver side skirt inserts and a matching rear bumper spoiler. It is priced at R 18 723.
The Adventure and Urban Sport packages are classified as a dealer-installed option (DIO), requiring painting of the components.
The X-over and Hybrid packages can be applied when ordering and fitted as part of the production process or be fitted retrospectively as a dealer-installed option.
More than just styling upgrades available
A host of electronic convenience aids are also available for order with the new Corolla Cross. These are available for individual purchase and can be fitted and installed at your local Toyota dealership:
- Front digital video recorder - R2 390
- Front and rear digital video recorder - R3 722
- Front parking sensors (two or four sensors) - R3 147 or R3 998
- Rear parking sensors - R1 602
- LED front fog lamps - R4 091
- Wireless charger - R2 789
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - R4 078
- Heads-Up Display (HUD) - R4 422
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) - R8 836
Toyota can also fit the following electronic packages at the time of ordering (post-production installation):
- Corolla Cross Package 1 - R10 225 - Combines Front parking sensors, rear parking sensors, LED front fog lamps (applicable to Xi models).
- Corolla Cross Package 5 - R5 867 - Combines the digital driver recorder and wireless charger (applicable to all models).
- Corolla Cross Package 6 - R2 946 - Wireless charger only.
- Corolla Cross Package 7 - R7 613 - Combines the digital driver recorder and heads-up display (applicable to all models).
- Corolla Cross Package 8 - R2 922 - Combines the digital driver recorder (front view only).
You can also order protection and styling accessories for the vehicle:
- Scuff plate - silver - R1 410
- Scuff plate - silver & black - R1 731
- Load area mat (textile) - R370
- Load are mat (rubber coin) - R404
- Cargo net - R703
- Cargo organiser - R577
- Tow bar (detachable) - R8 519
- Tow bar (fixed) - R7 620
- Leather Interior (applicable to the Xi grade) - R11 931
- Window safety film (applicable to Xi, Xs, Xr petrol models) - enquire at your dealership for pricing
Here is the latest pricing of the Toyota Corolla Cross range in South Africa:
- Toyota Corolla Cross 1.8 Xi - R349 900
- Toyota Corolla Cross 1.8 XS - R390 100
- Toyota Corolla Cross 1.8 Hybrid XS - R413 000
- Toyota Corolla Cross 1.8 XR - R425 400
- Toyota Corolla Cross 1.8 Hybrid XR - R448 300
All Toyota Corolla Cross models come with a three year or 100 000km warranty and a six-services or 90 000km Service Plan. The hybrid model's battery pack comes with an eight-year or 195 000km warranty.
KEEP UP TO DATE with the latest motoring news in South Africa by subscribing to our free weekly newsletter, 'LET'S DRIVE'.