• Hyundai South Africa expanded its Creta line-up by adding a Grand Creta model.
• The Grand Creta is a seven-seat derivative that slots in above the standard Creta.
• Pricing for the Grand Creta begins at R449 900.
• For more motoring stories, visit Wheels24
Hyundai South Africa expanded its Creta line-up by adding another derivative, called the Grand Creta. The Grand Creta is based on the standard model, but adds two seats through a longer body and extended wheelbase.
The seven-seat Grand Creta is available in either Executive or Elite specification, with two engine-gearbox combinations. The line-up comprises five derivatives.
Stanley Anderson, sales and operations director at Hyundai Automotive South Africa, says: "When you look at vehicle size, convenience and feature levels and pricing, the Grand Creta had a slot to fill in our vehicle offering. Together with the impressive list of convenience and luxury features, the Grand Creta presents a motoring package for the bigger family that will be attractive to many customers buying in this segment."
Wheels24 attended the Grand Creta's South African media launch. Keep an eye on the website for our report.
Both a petrol and diesel engine power the Grand Creta range. The 2.0-litre petrol unit is naturally aspirated with 117kW and 191Nm on offer. Two six-speed gearboxes, both manual and automatic, send power to the front wheels. Hyundai claims a fuel return of 8.5-litres and 8.9-litres/100km for the manual and automatic, respectively.
The 1.5-litre turbodiesel engine makes do with 85kW and 250Nm and is available exclusively with the six-speed automatic gearbox. The torque is available between 1 500 - 2 750rpm, helping the SUV achieve its claimed return of 6.5-litres/100km.
The Grand Creta is a front-wheel driven vehicle.
• Grand Creta 2.0 Executive MT - R449 900
• Grand Creta 2.0 Executive AT - R489 900
• Grand Creta 1.5 Executive Diesel AT - R509 900
• Grand Creta 2.0 Elite AT - R539 900
• Grand Creta 1.5 Elite Diesel AT - R559 900
All prices include a seven-year or 200 000km manufacturer's warranty, a four-year or 60 000km service plan, and roadside assistance for seven years or 150 000km.