• Since launch, the Kia Sonet range has proven to be a hit among South African buyers.
• To supplement the current range, an LX grade derivative now offers buyers entry to the Sonet range.
• The Sonet LX is priced fromR269 995.
• For more motoring stories, visit Wheels24
Kia South Africa bolstered its local Sonet range with the introduction of a new entry-level model. Dubbed the LX, the derivative slots in below the EX models, pushing the total number of models to choose from to four.
The Sonet has been on sale in South Africa for just three months, but Kia SA says that the vehicle has quickly become a popular choice among buyers. The addition of the LX grade places further emphasis on the value for money offering the Sonet has proven to be.
The four-model Sonet range is powered by a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that offers 85kW and 144Nm. A choice of a six-speed manual or continuously variable transmission (CVT) send power to the front wheels.
Features and safety
Despite its entry-level tag, the Sonet LX is comprehensively specified. Its feature highlights include:
• 8.0-inch HD touchscreen infotainment with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• Remote central lockingAir-conditioning
• BluetoothFront and rear electric windows
• Electric mirrors
• Six speakers
• 15-inch steel wheels
• Height-adjustable driver's seat
• Automatic headlamp activation
• Rear-view camera
• Combination artificial leather and cloth seat trim
Safety specifications include:
• Electronic Stability Control (ESC)ABS with EBD
• Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
• Dual front airbags
• ISOFIX child-seat anchoring points
• Sonet 1.5 LX Manual - R269 995
• Sonet 1.5 LX CVT - R290 995
• Sonet 1.5 EX Manual - R289 995
• Sonet 1.5 EX CVT - R310 995
All Sonet models ship as standard with Kia's unlimited kilometre or five-year warranty (inclusive of Roadside Assistance), as well as a prepaid four-year or 60 000km service plan. The new Sonet range is on sale across Kia South Africa's national dealer network immediately.
Stephen Crosse, Sales and Marketing Director of Kia South Africa, comments: "The popularity of the Kia Sonet has been overwhelming, and we're delighted that so many customers are choosing Kia's newest model to begin their SUV life. There is nothing 'entry-level' about the Sonet LX derivatives when it comes to comfort, convenience and features, and we're confident that the LX's value proposition will further bolster the Sonet's popularity."