• Chery launched its new Tiggo 8 Pro in South Africa.
• Following debuts in other global markets, RSA is the first right-hand market to receive the SUV.
• The Tiggo 8 Pro is fitted with an extensive list of standard features.
• For more motoring stories, visit Wheels24
Chery South Africa expanded its portfolio by introducing the all-new Tiggo 8 Pro. Chery SA is quite proud that our country is the first right-hand drive market to receive this new SUV, and the vehicle comes with an extensive features list at competitive pricing.
Chery SA confirms that the Tiggo 8 Pro promotes 'first-class travel' in that a full set of luxuries acts as the range's starting point.
Tony Liu, Executive Deputy General Manager of Chery South Africa, says: "In planning for the South African introduction of the Tiggo 8 Pro, we used the analogy of first-class travel. Once in first class, your every need is satisfied. There are no hidden costs, no surprise bills, and luxury is a given. That is what we have created for customers of the Tiggo 8 Pro, from design, seating, performance, and, of course, luxuries."
Chery Tiggo 8 Pro Distinctive: R496 900
Chery Tiggo 8 Pro Executive: R546 900
All Chery models are sold with a five-year or 150 000km warranty that will automatically be extended to 10-years or 1 000 000km provided the car remains in the original owner's name. A five-year comprehensive roadside assistance plan is also included in the price.
Chery opted for its turbocharged 1.6-litre petrol engine in the Tiggo 8 Pro. Lauded in China for its high-tech design, the engine offers 145kW (5 500rpm) and 290Nm (2 000 - 4 000rpm), sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
According to Chery, the engine boasts "previously unheard-of levels of efficiency that benefit both power and fuel consumption."
Three driving modes (standard, eco, sport) are available, and the electric power steering system has also been reworked for improved feedback, says Chery.
The Distinctive model offers:
- Six airbags
- Traction Control (TCS)
- Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS brakes with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- Rear park distance control (PDC)
- Rear-view camera with dynamic guides and a 360-degree parking view
- Auto-locking doors on drive
- Remote car locking and automatic window closing
- Tyre pressure monitoring (TPM)
- Hill assist and downhill ascent control (HAC)
- Anti-theft alarm
- Keyless entry with a push-button start
The Executive model adds:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Automatic Cruise Control
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSC)
- Intelligent High-beam Control (IHC)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSD)
- Front Collision Warning (FCW)
- Emergency Brake Override System (BOS)
- Door Open Warning and Prevention (DOW) system