Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife’s Giant’s Castle Resort has closed after two staff members tested positive for Covid-19.
Ezemvelo said in a statement that five other employees with Covid-19 symptoms are awaiting the results of Covid-19 tests.
“The two Covid-19 positive employees have been in repeated direct contact with all 24 employees working at the Giant's Castle Resort,” said spokesperson Musa Mntambo.
“This thus necessitated that the whole staff compliment of Giant's Castle goes on self-isolation with immediate effect. The Resort has now been closed until Friday, January 15.”
The Giant's Castle resort becomes the second Ezemvelo resort to close due to Covid-19 related reasons. The first resort which was closed last week was the Hilltop resort situated inside Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park
Mntambo said Ezemvelo's Central Reservations have begun a process of contacting all guests booked during the affected dates.
The affected guests are provided with the following options:
• Postpone your current booking to a later date, at no additional charge.
• Transfer your current booking to any of Ezemvelo resorts (preferably to their facilities around the Drakensberg region such as Didima; Royal Natal or Injisuthi, etc) or any at no additional cost;
• Request a full refund even though this option is discouraged and may only be used as a final course of action.
“Ezemvelo's Wellness team will also be informing all guests who might have had some form of direct contact with the affected employees during their stay at the Resort.”
Mntambo said that Ezemvelo has been forced to take “drastic action” in reviewing its housekeeping protocols for all of its resorts.
The review has necessitated the temporary introduction of new housekeeping protocols to try and reduce the possibility of either the guests or employees contacting Covid-19 within resorts.
• Servicing of rooms will be done once every second day of overnighting by the same guest(s).
• All guests are requested to place any refuse outside of their chalets and it will be collected daily. All necessary social distancing protocols between staff and guests will be observed;
• Dirty towels will be collected every second day of overnighting by the same guest(s);
• Bed linen will be changed once every fourth day of overnighting by the same guest;
• After the departure of guests, thorough cleaning and disinfection of rooms including changing of both towels and sheets will be undertaken before a room is allocated to the next guest(s)
For further information regarding your booking, please contact our Central Reservation on 033 845 1000 during official working hours or through an email at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may contact Giant's Castle Resort Manager, Ms. Nozipho Sibeko on 079 497 4222.