Organisers of the annual Ballito Rage festival have warned that they will shut the doors to those who are unvaccinated.
This year's Rage is set to take place from November 30 to December 5.
South Africa is currently in level two lockdown and curfew is between 11 pm and 4 am.
In a statement, the organisers of the event said vaccination and smart testing will ensure the music festival gets the go-ahead.
Only 250 people are allowed at outdoor events.
Greg Walsh, CEO of G&G Productions, said to make sure that those attending are fully vaccinated, the organisers will be making use of the World Health Organization (WHO) and South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) approved Rapid Antigen tests.
He said all staff will need to be fully vaccinated too and will be tested daily before entry. Attendees will be tested on the first, third, and final days of the five-day festival.
“The team is working tirelessly on the Ballito Rage 2021 safety, Covid-19 mitigation, and operational plan. The Covid-19 mitigation tools at our disposal in 2021 are incomparable with 2020."
Last year, the National Institute For Communicable Diseases Of South Africa (NICD) revealed that two attendees had positive Covid-19 results before the Rage, but still proceeded to attend the event.
The report said a number of revellers attended other events and private parties before going to the festival. Masks were not worn all the time during the Rage festival.