Deputy Editor Nokuthula Ntuli and Municipal Reporter Siyamtanda Capa discuss what coalitions mean for residents living in hung municipalities.
- 12 truck drivers arrested for Friday’s N3 blockades
- HR officials suspended for ghost workers at Northdale Hospital in Pietermaritzburg
- Minister Blade Nzimande orders probe of bogus honorary degrees after MaMkhize’s doctorate
- War vets vow bloodshed if they are evicted from Aloe Ridge flats in Pietermaritzburg
- Mercedes looter case adjourned to February next year
- EFF warns fight for land has only begun after National Assembly fails to pass constitutional amendment
- Two weeks in, DA-ActionSA hostility still impeding coalition talks in Gauteng metros
- How dodgy suppliers scored big PPE tenders from Gauteng's health dept
- DA asks UN for help with Eastern Cape drought crisis, accuses govt of incompetence
- David Mabuza in court bid to stop activist from 'defaming him'
The IFP has called on the Education Department to ban all matric ‘pens down’ celebrations. What are your thoughts on this matter?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Ban those parties. We’re in a middle of a pandemic
54% - 13 votes
Don’t ban them, they are a rite of passage
8% - 2 votes
I never approved of such parties anyway
38% - 9 votes
Read the digital editions of Witness here.Read now