Help manage your asthma by controlling these triggers:
• Don’t keep a family pet, or make sure the animal stays out of the asthmatic’s bedroom.
• Seal or cover air ducts leading to the bedroom.
• Fit air filters.
House dust mites
• Cover mattress and pillows with an impermeable cover.
• Wash bedding once a week in boiling water.
• Reduce indoor humidity to less than 50 per cent.
• Remove carpets.
• Opt for wooden rather than upholstered furniture.
• Keep a clean house! Don’t leave out any crumbs.
• Use poison traps to control any stray cockroaches.
Source: Allergy SA