Serves: 4 - 6 Preparation time: 15 min Cooking time: 20 min
- 125ml (½ c) tomato sauce
- 60ml (¼ c) honey
- 2 chillies, minced
- 60ml (¼ c) brown sugar
- 15ml (1 T) Worcestershire sauce
- 10ml (2 t) apple cider vinegar
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) garlic powder
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 red onions, sliced into wedges
1. Place a small saucepan over a low heat. Add all of the ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened.
2. Kebabs Cut the breast into bite size chunks and skewer the chicken pieces on the sticks, alternating with the onion chunks
3. Brush with sauce and cook over medium heat in a griddle pan. Basting as you turn. Serve with flat breads and green salad.