Six years have passed since the death of well-loved funny man, Bernie Mac but Bernie is back. Well, on our TV screens at least! The former Charlie's Angels star and the main man on the sitcom named after himself, The Bernie Mac Show, Bernie can be seen gracing our screens with his hilarious antics, funny jokes and entertaining acting on The Bernie Mac Show on Sony Channel (Channel 127 on Dstv) at 7.35pm tonight. The Bernie Mac Show ran from 2001 through 2006 and Bernie's acting in the loved sitcom earned him two Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. The death of the actor in 2008 came as a shock to many fans and a great loss to the comedic world. He suffered from sarcoidosis, a disease in which abnormal collections of chronic inflammatory cells form as nodules in multiple organs, especially the lungs and lymph nodes. His death on August 9, 2008 was caused by complications from pneumonia.
- Exclusive: Princess Charlene opens up about missing Prince Albert and the twins while she's stuck in SA
- Sweet success: Cape Town sisters win top spot at International Honey Awards in London
- Dad would be proud: Vuyo Mbuli’s son on creating his own legacy with his music
- Too fat for New Zealand: SA woman told to lose weight or face deportation
- Brendan Fraser is barely recognisable as he packs on the kilos for a new role
- Ramaphosa's response to 'a battle on two fronts'
- Decision to make me a prohibited person in SA made in bad faith - rape accused Omotoso
- Mkhwebane asks ConCourt for rescission not as an attempted appeal, but to correct an error
- Icy weather good for some SA crops - but sugar, potatoes may be hit
- BLA president cleared of sexual harassment allegations by independent investigator
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now