Model: Peugeot 208 Allure The 208 really catches the eye – which is important in its competitive market segment. Although smaller on the outside than the 207 model it’s more spacious inside and has more room for luggage, thanks to a clever design. Build quality and interior finish are better and many of the convenience features are standard. On the road the 208 is quick and handles well. It’s a good alternative if you’re bored with mainstream models such as the VW Polo.
- PRICE R195 500
- ENGINE 1,6-litre, four-cylinder petrol; 88 kW; 160 Nm.
- PERFORMANCE 0-100 km/h in 8,3 seconds; top speed 208 km/h; 3,6 l/100 km
- COMPETITORS VW Polo and Ford Fiesta
- WE LIKED The styling and space
- WE DISLIKED That the interior finish still isn’t top-class