Serves: 6 Preparation: 10 min Cooking: 20 min
- 6 burger buns, sliced
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil plus extra for brushing
- 500 g beef mince
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 ml (2 c) spicy pasta sauce
- 500 ml (2 c) mozzarella and Cheddar cheese, grated
- 40 g Parmesan cheese
- 15 ml (1 T) dry Italian herbs
Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a casserole dish. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the mince. Season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and pasta sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mince mixture between the buns and cover with the mozzarella and Cheddar. Place the top buns over the mince and brush them with a little oil.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs and sprinkle over the buns. Bake for 8 minutes.