Serves 4 Preparation time: 15 min Cooking time: 20-25 min
- 90 ml (6 T) butter
- 90 ml (6 T) cake flour
- 750 ml (3 c) milk
- 5 ml (1 t) mixed dried herbs
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 g cream cheese
- 180 g baby spinach, shredded
- 45 ml (3 T) basil pesto
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 250 g green or plain lasagne sheets, soaked in boiling water until pliable
- 125 ml (½ c) Parmesan cheese shavings
Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
1 WHITE SAUCE Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until thickened. Season with herbs, salt and pepper and simmer for a few seconds. Set aside.
2 FILLING Mix the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
3 TO ASSEMBLE Dollop a few spoonfuls of white sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Add a layer of lasagne sheets, followed by half the filling and more white sauce. Repeat the layers, ending with pasta and white sauce.
4 Sprinkle the Parmesan shavings on top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done and set.
5 Serve with a green salad.