Eaten away by poison!


She woke on Monday morning burning with fever and with a pounding headache. And when she saw two little black marks on her arm she immediately knew she’d been bitten by a spider.

But Louise le Roux (29) of Paarl in the Western Cape had never even heard of the highly poisonous violin spider, let alone knew that if she didn’t get immediate medical attention she could lose her arm or even her life.

Read Carol Coetzee’s article in YOU, 12 April 2012 for more info and other spiders to be on the lookout for.

Follow YOU on Twitter.

We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For 14 free days, you can have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today. Thereafter you will be billed R75 per month. You can cancel anytime and if you cancel within 14 days you won't be billed. 
Subscribe to News24
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.
Read now