We waited and waited for the announcement, hoping the royal baby would be given a name, well, a little less boring! Then came the announcement by Kensington Palace that His Royal Highness the Prince of Cambridge is to be known as George Alexander Louis . . . But let’s move away from the royal family and GAL (for short) for a bit and see with whom the royal baby shares his name.
- The first US president George Washington.
- Novelist and journalist George Orwell. Remember his book Animal Farm?
- Actor George Takei, best known for his role as Hikaru Sulu on Star Trek.
- Actor George Hamilton. The rather tanned man is best known for his work in Zorro: The Gay Blade and The Godfather Part III.
- George Harrison, member of famous ’60s rock group The Beatles.
- Former American presidents George W Bush and his dad, George Bush.
- Entrepreneur George Foreman. He’s also a retired American professional boxer, a former World Heavyweight Champion, an Olympic gold medallist, an ordained Baptist minister and an author. He’s known for popular invention the Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine, or George Foreman Grill.
- Oscar-winning actor George Clooney. Most well-known as a stubborn Hollywood hunk who won’t settle down.
- Stand-up comedian George Lopez who’s most well-known for his hit self-titled TV show.
- Musician George Michael who popped up as one part of ’80s duo Wham! and then continued to embark on a successful solo career.
- Actor Ryan Gosling’s dog, George Gosling.
- Naughty nursery rhyme character Georgie Porgie.