Household poison

accreditation

Children are often poisoned by household products.

Poisonous household items most commonly swallowed by children include pain medication containing mostly paracetamol; dishwashing liquid, silica gel sachets and bleach; pesticides such as dog dips, rat and ant poison and mosquito coils; and nail varnish remover.

Here’s what you should lock away.

fdsvbc

POISON INFO CENTRES (24 hrs)

Red Cross Children’s Hospital Poison Info Centre (021) 689 5227

Tygerberg Poison Info Centre (021) 931 6129

-- Marlies Haupt

We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24