The CEO of Sotheby's International Realty SA's instructing attorney, Tony Mostert, told Eyewitness News that Kate Rohde was hospitalized after she "probably drank too much alcohol."
“The report in the newspapers that there was a drug overdose is denied. My instructions are that she attended the Plett Rage with friends and peers. They most probably had too much alcohol and was dehydrated was admitted on that basis.”
This is contrast to Netwerk24’s earlier report that Kate went to hospital after she suffered a drug overdose.
Read more: Jason Rohde’s daughter hospitalized after apparent drug overdose
Kate (18), who completed matric this year, was on holiday with thousands of other matriculants in Plettenberg Bay. It's unclear whether she is still in the hospital or what her current condition is.