On October 14 the 27-year-old singer filed a lawsuit accusing her former manager of sexual assault and battery and sexual harassment.
However, today a 2011 deposition in which Kesha swore under oath that he did not assault her surfaced. Kesha’s lawyer Mark Geragos has responded to this by alleging that it lacks proper grounding because it is common for victims to try to protect those who hurt them.
'Luke threatened to destroy Kesha's life if she didn't cover up his sexual assaults'
"Luke's latest legal manoeuvre comes as no surprise; it's a desperate Hail Mary and a pathetic attempt to once again blame his victim," the lawyer said in a statement to E! News. "As detailed in our complaint, Luke walked Kesha down the beach and threatened to destroy Kesha's life and the lives of her family if she didn't cover up his sexual assaults in a 2011 deposition. He is now following through on his threats and grasping at straws to try and twist Kesha's equivocal statements.”
He went on to break down the notion of “battered women” often “protecting their abusers”.
Mark declared that he and his client will not be deterred because the case has had a serious impact on the singer’s life. He claims that Dr. Luke’s actions were responsible for sending her to rehab earlier this year.
“This case is about Luke's physical, emotional and psychological abuse of Kesha and her fight to get him out of her life,” he went on. “After being driven to the brink of death and into rehab, she's no longer going to allow herself to wither away at the hands of her abuser as he tries to blame the victim."
In the deposition, Kesha said in writing that Dr. Luke “never” gave her cocaine or a roofie (a date rape drug) and that she never had an “intimate relationship” with him.
© Cover Media