Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 12 min
- 400 g puff pastry
- 60 ml (¼ c) light brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) cinnamon
- 45 ml (3 T) butter, melted
- 80 ml (? c) flaked almonds
- 3 red apples, sliced
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
1. Unroll the puff pastry and cut into triangles. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Brush the pastry with butter, sprinkle the almonds and some of the sugar mixture over and arrange the apples on the long side of the triangles. Roll the pastry around the apples. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Brush with butter and sprinkle the leftover sugar mixture over.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Cool for 5 minutes and serve sliced.