Mamphela Ramphele is the keynote speaker and teachers can attend various workships. Learners, teachers and parents can also attend a Career Expo. Info on some of the workshops. Workshop 1
- Engage students in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEM) with unique digital projects
- Justin Taylor, Autodesk
- Prepare, engage, and inspire the next generation in your classroom by solving real-world challenges using Autodesk® Digital STEAM Workshop.
- Thursday 20 June 14:30-14:50
- Digital educational resource sharing and delivery
- Brett Simpson, Breadbin Interactive
- With Tablets and smart phones becoming more ubiquitous by the day in our society the importance of content delivery to these devices in an easy, relevant and cost effective way is becoming of great importance, especially within the education sector. During this demonstration I will illustrate how a number technologies are being refined to do this intuitively and conveniently not to mention with consideration to lowest possible cost to the learner and educator.
- Friday 21 June 13:30-13:50
- The bold leap in online education management and learning in southern Africa
- Mark Heidmann, Summit Education SA
- Technology allows so many advantages, but this will only be recognised and enjoyed with a quantum leap and with the intention to make our 'what if's' real. I wish to present you with two products that could change the way you see and practice education at your institution.
- Friday 21 June 15:00 - 15:20
The first 20 to register can attend for free. Click here.