The number of South Africans killed in a building collapse in Nigeria has increased from 67 to 84, SABC radio news reported on Friday.
South Africa's high commissioner to Nigeria, Lulu Louis Mnguni, told the state broadcaster in an interview on Friday morning the death toll had gone up to 84.
"The number has risen to 84," Mnguni said.
He said the search for those unaccounted for had been called off; and those people were now presumed dead.
"The search... has come to a conclusion. There were still 17 bodies outstanding," said Mnguni.
President Jacob Zuma announced earlier this week that 67 South Africans were killed when the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Nigeria collapsed a week ago.
But on Thursday, authorities said another 17 South Africans were still unaccounted for.
A total of 349 South Africans were in Lagos on matters connected to the church when the disaster occurred.
Of these, 265 were found alive.