Just add potatoes or sweet potatoes to the chicken and simmer until done. SERVES 4 Preparation: 10 min Cooking: 30 min
- 4-6 chicken pieces (with or without skin)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15 ml (1 T) oil
- 1 can (410 g) chakalaka
- 1 can (410 g) chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml (½ c) oil
- 250 ml (1 c) full-cream plain yoghurt
- 10 g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- ½ cucumber, diced
1 Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken all over.
2 Add the chakalaka, tomatoes and water. Simmer until the chicken is done and season with salt and pepper.
3 Herb yoghurt Mix the ingredients.
4 To serve Serve the chicken with the herb yoghurt, red onion and cucumber.