Combine breakfast staples like fruit, juice and cereal for this deliciously different get-up-and-go treat! Scroll down for recipe
Breakfast is getting a makeover with exciting new recipes and serving suggestions. There are a million ways to Start Your Great with Kellogg’s. And Kellogg’s wants to know what you do to shake up your wake up and put a special spin on your breakfast table.
Upload your recipe at www.shakeupyourwakeup.co.za and browse other Kellogg’s fans’ recipes. Every month from May to November four recipes will be rewarded with R1 000 shopping vouchers each.
- 6 dates and Turkish apricots, chopped
- orange juice
- 2 apples and pears, cored and chopped
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- a good handful of chopped mint
- 500 ml (2 c)Kellogg's Special K, crushed
- roasted almond flakes (optional)
- honey to taste
- Cover the dates and apricots in the orange juice and soak for about 1 hour. Add the chopped fruit, cinnamon and mint. Keep chilled until just before serving.
Mix in the crushed Kellogg’s Special K and almond flakes, spoon into bowls and serve with a swirl of honey.