A school holiday treat!
Makes: 22 Preparation: 10 min Cooking: 25 min
- 375 ml (1 ½ c) flour
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 250 ml (1 c) cocoa
- 140 g butter
- 375 ml (1 ½ c) castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 15 ml (1 T) vanilla essence
- 80 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add one egg at a time while beating. Add vanilla.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well incorporated. Pour the batter into a prepared pan. Push the chocolate pieces into the batter and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked.
4. Allow brownies to cool before cutting.