SERVES 4 Preparation: 10 min Cooking: 40-45 min
- 4-6 sweet potatoes, cooked
- 2 rounds feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml (1 c) milk
- 60 ml (¼ c) chopped fresh coriander
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease 4 small ovenproof dishes (or 1 large dish) with nonstick spray.
1 Slice the sweet potatoes. Arrange a layer of sweet potato slices in each dish and scatter a little feta cheese on top. Arrange a few onion slices on top and repeat the layers until all the ingredients have been used, ending with a layer of onion rings.
2 Egg custard: Whisk together all the ingredients, seasoning well with salt and pepper, and pour over the layers in the dish(es).
3 Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the egg custard has set.
4 Serve sliced with extra raw red onion rings and fresh coriander.