A 19-year-old teen was hospitalised after a botched eyelash extension treatment.
Lainey Palmer claims the trainee lash technician who performed the procedure left her eyes inflamed and her real lashes damaged beyond regrowth after the extensions were glued to the inside of her eye.
The horseriding teacher says the procedure was carried out for free after she volunteered to be a model on social media.
Lainey suffered extreme pain and says it felt like her eyes “were being scrapped with needles”. She was advised to go straight to the hospital after she realised the lashes were glued to her waterline.
Upon arrival at the hospital, doctors told her she could have been blinded.
Since the incident, Lainey has been speaking out about the dangers of securing beauty deals and freebies online.
“She was pinching my eyes really hard and I said she was really hurting me. I had to tell her to stop three times because it was so painful,” she says of the incident.
“When I went to the doctors and they told me I was lucky to keep my eyesight I was so shocked, but the pain was taking over.”
Lainey was discharged after treatment but needed two days off work to recover from her botched procedure.
“My eyes are still very sensitive now. Where my eyelashes sit, when its cold or windy, gets really sore,” she explains.
“They still haven’t grown back properly. I used to have nice long lashes and they’ve gone, they’re really short and will never go back.”
Source: Magazine Features