1. Fifteen-year-old Paris had posted a series of cryptic tweets shortly before attempting to commit suicide yesterday. These include, “I wonder why tears are salty?” and at around midnight she quoted the sorrowful Beatles’ song, “Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away; now it looks as though they’re here to stay”. According to reports, Paris was stretchered from her home in Calabasas in California at 1.27 am after emergency services received a 911 call.
2. In an interview on Oprah's Next Chapter Paris revealed students at her private school have made fun of her, and she’s also experienced cyber-bullying.
3. She was recently reported to have repaired her relationship with her birth mother, Debbie Rowe (54), who was married to her dad, Michael Jackson, from 1996 to 1999. “When I'm with my mom we don't really have security with us. Which is really nice,” she recently told British newspaper Mail on Sunday.
4. It’s been reported her suicide attempt happened hours after a dispute over a Marilyn Manson concert. A source told gossip website TMZ Paris apparently "threw a fit" when she was forbidden from attending the gig. She ran to her room screaming and slammed the door. It’s alleged Paris had taken an overdose, although there were also believed to have been multiple cuts on her wrists. Mom Debbie later confirmed to Entertainment Tonight the teenager had indeed tried to end her life, claiming she’s had "a lot going on [lately]".
5. Tuesday 25June will mark the fourth anniversary of the King of Pop’s death. He died when Paris was just 11.
6. Paris is quite the independent young lady. Standing up against her grandmother, Michael’s mother, Katherine, she’s rebelled against her Jehovah’s Witness upbringing. “Paris resented going door-to-door for Jehovah’s Witness, even though it was what her grandmother wanted,” said a source. “So, she dug her heels in a few months back and told Katherine she just doesn’t want to do it any more. Paris just feels she’s more grown up now, and while she’s not renouncing her Christian values she doesn’t want to go door-to-door for Jehovah’s Witness.”
7. “She has her own goals in life now and her own dreams. She wants to continue with her acting career, loves playing the guitar and would welcome the opportunity to follow in her father’s footsteps into pop music,” a source told gossip site Radar Online.
8. There was a highly publicised feud with aunt Janet Jackson last year, in which Janet allegedly tried to grab Paris' mobile phone before giving her a slap and shouting, "You're a spoiled little b***h." Paris is said to have slapped her aunt back and said, "This is our house. Not the Jackson family house. Get the f**k out!"
9. On 31 May Paris posted a 20-minute home-made YouTube video of her giving a make-up tutorial to all her followers. Parts of the video show her singing, dancing, answering texts and talking about common teenage flaws:
10. Over the past few months, she’s gone through many beauty styles and changes. In February, she decided to darken and chop off her hair. Then in May she decided to dye her hair red.
Sources: Twitter, digitalspy.co.uk, mirror.co.uk, celebrities.ninemsn.com; hollywoodlife.com